Friday, June 4, 2010

Out of the Gate

I love the Internet. It's changed my life. It's an endless source of fascination (and information -- "After all...it's on the Internet!"). It's better than TV -- lots more channels, so to speak -- and it offers a great opportunity to meet and talk with people you would NEVER have the chance to meet otherwise, to learn anything about anything, and to connect with people you love who are far away. It amazes me how far it's come in a relatively short time.

I love the democracy of the Internet. It levels everything. Anyone can be a writer, a publisher, a pontificator, an authority, an artist, an advisor. Very powerful... and in many ways it controls us more than we control it. That part is a little scarey -- we've become pretty dependent on it in so many ways -- but that's the other side of the coin.

So here's my forum, a vehicle to say what's on my mind (that gives me a MUCH higher word count than a Facebook "what's on your mind?" box) and send it out into the great abyss, and your chance to tell me what you think -- if you're out there and care to. I hope I have enough on my mind -- often enough -- to make this worth everybody's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment